Leasing Guidelines & Rental Application Process
Thank you for choosing a San Diego Residential Property Management home to lease. We encourage applicants to apply for the rental home they are interested in by completing an online rental application. The application fee is $40 per application and is non-refundable.
- From this link, choose the property for which you’d like to apply
- Select “View Details” for the selected home
- Select “Apply Now” (you will need to pay $40 for each application submitted)
WHAT WE NEED:
- Recent pay stubs for each applicant covering a one month period of time for which income is to be considered for qualification of this application.–OR-
- If you are self-employed, please provide the first two pages of your most recent tax return and three months bank statements (additional information may be required in the application process)
- Verification of all forms of additional income such as child support payments, social security or pension payments.)
- Online application completed and signed (electronically) with payment of $40 per adult applicant (debit or credit).
By completing a rental application you authorize San Diego Residential Property Management to process your personal credit history, criminal background, eviction history and verify your employment and past tenancies. The information collected will be used for resident screening purposes only in reference to a property managed by San Diego Residential Property Management. There is a $40.00 non-refundable fee for each application submitted. Applications will not be processed without the payment of the fee. You understand that submission of an application does not guarantee tenancy in the desired property.
TERMS OF APPLICATION SUBMITTALS:
There is a $40.00 non-refundable fee for each application submitted. Each financially responsible adult (18 and older) and all non-financially responsible adults are required to complete an application. It is possible that when the application is submitted, other applications could be pending for the same property. Submission of an application does not guarantee tenancy in the desired property. Applications are approved based on qualification and not on a “first come, first served” basis. All applications are screened by San Diego Residential Property Management and the most qualified applicant(s) will be selected based on the owner’s criteria, with final approval rendered by the homeowner. Examples of the criteria considered, but not limited to are: FICO (credit) score, past tenancy verification, eviction history, employment history, salary and income levels, tenancy start date, desired lease term and type and number of pets. The gross combined salary of all applicants must meet certain levels to qualify for the home. Generally, the monthly rent paid for a property cannot exceed 25% – 30% of the applicant’s combined total monthly gross income. Salary and all other forms of income will be considered, but must be verified.
Once notified by the management office of your approved tenancy, you are required to confirm your tenancy for the property by way of the following: (1) signed lease documents, (2) remit security deposit. Full lease documents will be circulated for electronic signature via DocuSign, and must be reviewed and signed within two (2) business days of the verbal acceptance of the tenancy. In addition, a deposit is required to hold the property until your scheduled move-in and must be delivered to the management office in the form of a cashier’s check or money order within two (2) business days of the approval. The deposit will be taken to “hold” the property for the tenant until the actual lease start, move-in and collection of first month’s rent (possession date). Until the lease start and tenant move-in, the funds are non-refundable and are considered “good faith” money in order to remove the unit from the rental market and placed “on hold” for the tenant. Should the tenant fail to conform to the lease agreement, remit first month’s rent and take possession of the unit, the deposit will not be refunded. Upon move-in and payment of the first month’s rent, the deposit will convert to a fully refundable security deposit and applied at move-out should there be any damage and/or maintenance issues in the rental unit caused by the tenant.
OTHER PRE MOVE-IN REQUIREMENTS:
- Utility services must be put in tenant’s name effective on the possession date and proof of such supplied to the management office prior to the move-in date.
- Tenant renters insurance must be supplied and proof of coverage is required at least 3 days prior to move-in. The cost of the renter’s policy is borne by the tenant. The policy must name San Diego Residential Property Management as certificate holder or additional interest.
- Any additional paperwork required by the management office to complete tenant file.
IF YOUR TENANCY IS NOT APPROVED:
If you submit your application and subsequently do not rent or are not approved for tenancy, the $40.00 application fee(s) will not be returned. You will be notified of approval or denial in a timely manner as the property owner notifies San Diego Residential Property Management of his/her decision regarding your tenancy. If you are denied, you will be emailed a notice of the denial. By request, you may receive a copy of your credit report at no charge. Applications will remain on file for 60 days and you can apply for other properties managed by San Diego Residential Property Management, with no additional fees. San Diego Residential Property Management and our homeowners strictly adhere to policies of the Fair Housing Act and no application is approved or denied on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Disability, Marital or Family Status, National Origin, Ancestry, Sexual Orientation, Age, Source of Income, Arbitrary Discrimination or any other protected class under the State and Federal Fair Housing laws.